You do business in a state like Georgia, Alabama or Arizona and have been told that, to renew your business license or get paid on a public contract, you need a “federal work authorization user identification number” or to use the “federal work authorization program.”
The `Federal Work Authorization User Identification Number`… in a nutshell
1. The “federal work authorization user identification number” (also known as the “E-Verify Company ID number”) is the up to seven-digit number that is assigned to businesses when they enroll in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based program whereby employers can check whether or not their new hires are eligible to work in the U.S.
2. E-Verify is, for the most part, voluntary; but a growing number of states have passed laws requiring employers within the state to enroll under certain circumstances. The state laws use the unnecessarily long phrase “federal work authorization user identification number” to describe the E-Verify Company ID number.
3. There are two ways to enroll in E-Verify — either on your own or through an Employer Agent. (Already enrolled or not sure if you are? Click ‘More info’ below.)
4. If you do it yourself, you will be required to register; sign the agreement; remember a username and password; and take several tutorials and a mastery test before you can access the system and receive your federal work authorization user identification number. This doesn’t happen quickly.
5. The alternative is an Employer Agent; a private company that you can hire to enroll your company and manage your verifications for you. While doing it yourself isn’t “rocket science,” hiring an Employer Agent eliminates the headaches and puts a professional “on the job,” working for you.
6. We are an Employer Agent, authorized by the federal government since 2007 to enroll companies like yours in E-Verify. With us, there are no tutorials nor mastery tests; no usernames and passwords to remember; and no need to become an expert on E-Verify or devote already-overworked staff to managing verifications.
7. You can enroll easily on this page. If you need it quick, we offer a “rush signup” of four hours or less for a nominal fee.